06 May 2011

It's been awhile...

So, I'm pretty sure I don't have any followers seeing as I haven't posted in about a year. Wow that has gone by fast! I just want to remind myself about what's going on with the kiddos and us. Coop is now 4!! Holy moly. He still LOVES riding his motorcycle and bike. He goes off a 6" jump with both and has figured out how to jump up the curb with his bike. Which I still am too scared to do. He loves digging in the dirt, fixing things, taking things apart, and playing with/bugging Ave, and playing hide and seek. We had a special trip to d.i. just to find stuff to take apart. My favorite thing to do with him is lay down and talk to him right before he goes to bed. Finding out what his favorite part about the day was, and seeing it through his eyes. There's always something I never even noticed that he thought was hilarious or interesting. And questions, always questions about the world around him. He's either very helpful and kind and willing to share or he's doing everything in his power to drive you nuts. He is shy and daring, interested and funny. We love him a bunch! He's our favorite little guy.
Ava is almost 2 which is so crazy because I swear I was in the hospital and staying up all night yesterday! We call her our sassafrass (even the neighbor kid knows she's sassy) and she is a total girl! She loves to try on shoes and put bows in her hair and will tell you whether or not she likes them, by shaking her head because we're discovering she's a bit stubborn and does things only on her time. We found out her Scoliosis has gotten worse (fyi she has scoliosos) so instead of a brace she will have to have a cast. We got two opinions just to make sure. She is saying Mama, Dad, bubbles, ball, hi, dog, bober (something like that, it means Cooper), Devin, more, no (her favorite), ouch. There are a few more but I can't think of what I'm missing. She signs please, fishy, snake, candy, drink, all done, dog, milk. She's a mama's girl and is pretty particular about who she'll go to. Nursery-not so much. She loves babies and little kids and likes to follow them around and laugh at them. She makes us laugh all the time and has the cutest smile and laugh! She gets really excited and yells every time we play hide and seek and she can hear Cooper coming to get her.
As for us...Not too exciting! Justin is fixing exercise equipment and working some crazy hours. We (Lindy, my friend, and her husband that is) planted our first tree in our yard! Yeah!! I smile every time I see it. And we are getting our garden ready to plant! Sometime in the future is a playground and sandbox. Sometime...
Anyway, that's just for me. They are so much fun! They miss each other when the other one is gone and are best friends. We love them like crazy!









Yeah, we also got a new camera and I'm so tech savvy I can't figure out how to download pictures so those pics are both a few months old but hey, something's better than nothing right?

6 comments:

Ashcake said...

Lindy! I am glad you updated your blog! I love the pics and the news. I want to come see your house. We really need to not let it take like 3 more years before we see each other again. Your kids are darling. Love ya.

Kim said...

miss you two! cooper is a dare devil!!!

JACK!E said...

Of course I'm still following your blog even though it takes you a year to update. Haha. Your hair is getting so long, I love it! We need to get the kids together. We should go swimming a lot this summer. Let's go to lunch soon for your birthday. Tuesdays are best or-I'm off Wed the 18th. Text me.

Chelsea said...

Welcome back to blog world, you crazy Milnes! It's great to see you all are doing so well. You're kids are so beautiful, (even with Justin's DNA). Haha, J/K. Love your guts!

xo
PFQ

Andrea said...

yay for updating! you know i'm always checking and bugging you to update. the kids are so cute and we can't wait to see you in a few weeks! i'm so excited i'll be there for ava's second birthday (and justins). love you guys.

Scott and Megan said...

Lindy, I have missed you everyday for a year...don't you worry, I have noticed your NON posting!!! :) I CANNOT believe Cooper is 4 and Ava is 2....what? and when? in the hell??? wowza~glad to hear what's up! When does this lovely cast, not brace, come? I'm sorry, son of a ...... mucho love to you!!! xo