01 May 2010

Ava @ 10 Mos is...

I know I did an update not too long ago on Ava, this is just for my own remembering because Heaven knows I need all the help I can get!

Nicknames for Ava at the moment: Lil' Ave, A-V-A, baby Ava, Ava Bava, Sweetpea.
Some of your favorite things: FOOD! watching Cooper play, anything small enough to put in your mouth, Mom, sitting in big kid chairs, and oh yea FOOD. It's a wonder you're so small

Ava you are honestly the best baby ever! The only time I hear a peep out of you is if you are hungry-and then it's just grunts or Cooper is being too friendly. Yep, that's pretty much it. Oh, or if my hands are cold when I'm changing your clothes! That is about it. I can't believe how content and happy you are. You give me a smile everytime you see me, yes everytime and I can't get enough of it. I just want to squeeze you and keep you like this forever. I know you're smart because you sit quietly and observe so much. You are saying Mama, Dada, and Hi but without the 'i', and waving.

Some new things that you're learning: You will sit on your bum and move your feet until you've gone in a full 360 degree circle to see what or who is around. You have been so laid back that if a toy was out of reach it was no big deal. Great for temperament, not so much for learning to get around! But you are now wanting to get moving a little more. You are trying to scoot on your bum but it's hard on the carpet. You are also starting to stand for a few seconds on your own! Yeah! You are rolling everywhere and we are working on those abs so you can go from laying to sitting. You have two new teeth and you know how to use them! Food is your favorite! You can eat nearly a whole packet of instant oatmeal. I usually split one between you and Cooper and you eat yours and then finish off half of Coop's because he is 'full' ie wants to play.

Cooper is still your best friend and is pretty much the only one who can make you belly laugh and he thinks that's great. Even though he realizes you are never leaving, he's now realizing you are somebody he can play with to.

I love that you are just happy and have no worries. I wish I could keep you this unaware forever but I fear the day will come when you realize not everything's perfect. So, I will keep you in my arms and kiss you as much as I can so that maybe when that time comes, it won't matter so much. We love you and can't get enough of you!

5 comments:

Andrea said...

awe so sweet. I miss you guys so much and it kills me our kids aren't growing up together. Someday soon hopefully. I love hearing about ava and coop and seeing their pictures. love you guys.

Anonymous said...

lindy she is beautiful!

daveandbri said...

I'm so glad you found my blog so that I could find yours. It's been soooo long. Your family is beautiful and you obviously are just as sweet and strong as you ever were. I miss you!

The Shepherds said...

Ava is so cute Lindy! We call our Ava, Ava Bava too. And sometimes I will yell A-V-A to get her attention! Easy name to spell for Kindergarten that's for sure.

Alexis said...

So precious! It's fun to read about other kids that are the same as my lil one.
Hey, what are you doing next tues? Wanna play?