05 July 2009

Introducing...
Ava Marne
June 28, 2009
6lbs 12oz
20in

( Cooper picked out her bow)


In between contractions, anxiously awaiting Ava's arrival!

Ava and Daddy

Mom and Ava

Proud big brother! He thought she was so funny! He's going to be such a good big bro

The pink flowers are a lei Cooper brought Ava from my Grandparents 50th anniv. luau

He even got to help with her first bath!

Some of our visitors

Jackie~Oakley~Ava~Lindy
One of my best friends from high school had her baby the day after me and was in the room across the hall. We couldn't have planned it better!
Birth Story~if anyone is interested
I know some people will be curious to know if I really went through with an all natural delivery and I'm proud to say...Yes! We did it! Thank goodness labor wasn't too long otherwise it would have been a little more difficult. Justin had been out of town camping (I know, it sounds bad but he wasn't far away and I figured I'd be late so I wasn't too worried) so I was all ready to sleep in with no kids at home, but plans changed a little! My water broke at 6:45am so I called Justin and told him to come home. I just started washing clothes and getting last minute stuff done so it would be ready for when we got home. Justin got home about 8am with Cooper who had been sick all night =( We just hung out at home because I only had a few contractions. I started to get a little worried because she wasn't moving very much so we called my Mom to come over. She got there about 2:30 and the contractions started to get closer together and more intense. We got to the hospital at about 3pm and they hooked me up to the monitors just to make sure everything was alright, which it was so they took me off of them so I was able to move around. I was dilated to a 5 when we got there. I was surprised because I hadn't had too many contractions. We were able to just hang out in between contractions and then when one would come Justin would push on my back as hard as he could because most of the pain was in my back which helped a lot! He was a dang good coach actually. After a few hours they got really intense and much closer together. They hooked me up to the monitors again and all of a sudden the contractions were VERY close together and VERY intense so I was pretty much begging to get off the monitors and into the tub. They came and took me off a few minutes later but it felt like forever and I was able to get in the tub. I was hoping it would take all of the pain away (ha, ha) but it definitely helped. I was in there for a few contractions and then I had to push so the midwife made me get out (we weren't such great friends at that point!) I didn't want to have her in the tub but when you are in pain it's so hard to move! So I was able to get to the bed and about a half hour later she was here! Pushing-not so much fun but thankfully it didn't last very long. She's perfect and adorable and healthy. We are so in love with her it's not even funny! I will tell you more about her arms and all those details a little later since this post is forever long. Thanks to all those who have helped us this past week! We love our little girl!

14 comments:

Alexis said...

She looks so precious! I can't believe that you did that all natural. You are a tougher women then I am. I am begging for the epidural as soon as I can get it. How fun that you and Jackie delivered a day apart. Congrats! I hope that you are recovering well, can't wait to see more pictures.

{Anne} said...

She is beautiful! Congrats! You look fantastic for just having a baby...wow! How fun for you and Jackie...

Mandi said...

Is that her hospital photo? It looks too cute to be a hospital photo. I'm sure she looks different already. All Sadie's babies are now named Ava and she can't wait to see her again. Can we come over this week? We'll bring food!

Rachel Murray said...

What a beautiful baby!! Not only am I impressed you had a baby all natural, but to do it and look that good after is REALLY impressive. Good work. I hope she's been a good baby for you.

Justin and Coralie said...

Lindy,

She's just beautiful and absolutely perfect. Oh my gosh. I can't wait to see her. Congrats on going natural! You're amazing! I can't wait to see you!

Natalie said...

So sweet! Congrats. Way to go all natural...I am in pain thinking about it.

The Henries said...

She is so beautiful!!! I can't believe she is already here! It seems like you just told us you were going to have her! I hope everything is going well- please let me know if you need anything!

Wakefield Family said...

She is so cute looks so much like you. I am so happy it went well Love ya

Meliss said...

How exciting! Congrats, Lindy! Your family is beautiful.

JACK!E said...

Good work going natural. You look so good in all the pics. Are you sure you really had the baby right before those were taken? Congrats again.

The Shepherds said...

Lindy how in the crap do you look so good while in labor? And without an epidural...yikes! Congrats and I love the name by the way ;-)

Megan said...

What a doll! I love those cheeks! Jake's mom said you guys had a blog and that you had pictures posted, so I hope its ok that I blog-stalked you! It was fun to see her - can't wait to meet her in person, watch out, though I love to steal babies. :)
Sounds like you did too much at the party, but glad we got to see you right before and that Justin made it home in time. And like everyone else said - you look amazing! Great work.

Ogden Fam said...

Congrats! What a cutie! I love little girls. You will have so much fun dressing her and doing girl stuff.

it's just lisa said...

Hi Lindy-

It's your cousin Lisa Brown, now Bowman:)

So fun to catch-up on you and your family. Your children are beautiful. I look forward to following your blog.