29 January 2009

Thankful

I was reading a friend's blog who is an adoptive mother and I just have to recognize how thankful I am for the kid(s) that I have. I never knew before having Cooper how much you could really love somebody. I love my family and I love my husband but nothing is like the love that a parent has for their child. Even now when Cooper reaches out to hug or kiss me it almost makes me cry. How blessed am I to have been entrusted, even for just a little while, with this precious little spirit. How blessed to know that I get to teach and take care of him. Even with all the stresses and messes it is the best thing that I have ever been able to do. I feel my Heavenly Father's love more because I have him. How sad for those people who think their careers and personal aspirations are more important than their children. They will never know the joy that they could have no matter how much money or fame they acquire. Thanks to those who constantly remind me of this.

3 comments:

{Anne} said...

What a sweet post. Cooper is so blessed to have such a sweet and caring mother. You are one of the sweetest friends I ever had. It is so nice to be reminded like you said, how blessed you truly are.

Andrea said...

We really are blessed. Sometimes I just look at the kids and think how grateful I am to have them and just how amazing they really are (even if they are stinkers sometimes). We miss you guys lots and we love you. Hailey misses her Cooper so much. She really likes looking at pictures of him on the computer. And we are surviving the ice storm here. We got our power back so we are finally warm again.

Andrea said...

we need coop to teach us how to light a fire. haha. It was crazy here but we are all good now.